Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

2008 Chrysler Town and Country The car starts well most of

Customer Question

2008 Chrysler Town and Country
The car starts well most of time but occasionaly fails to start. It will not turn over. t acts like the battery is weak but it is a brand new battery and checks out at 12 to 13 volts.
The ignition has been replaced for the recall. The car was doing it before and after the ignition replacement. After the cars sits for 20 -30 minutes it starts normally. I have had the starter replaced, I have had it into the dealer several times. They say they can not figure it out because it does not do it when they try it.
Help please.
Frustrated Ed
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Check both battery cables for any green discoloration. Cut a slit in the end of each battery cable near each post about 1 inch long lengthwise and then peel open the insulation, then look at the copper wire strands. If any appear green, it's rusted. If so, replace the entire cable cause chances are that rust has worked it's way down the entire length of that cable or cables.