sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2010 town and country 3.8L with codes p1128,p0302

Customer Question

I have a 2010 town and country 3.8L with codes p1128,p0302 and p0108. The engine stalls while stopped at a light or in park and has reduced power while accelerating. Looking to see what the problem could be.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The P0302 is for a number 2 cylinder misfire and may be unrelated. The P1128 may be related to the MAP sensor issue and the MAP issue should be repaired first.

P0108 sets when the MAP sensor signal voltage is high. This could be an open circuit or short to voltage on the MAP signal wire or a loss of sensor ground, assuming the sensor is good. It could be an internal issue in the powertrain control module but that wouldn't be likely.

If the P0108 is setting with a new sensor then the wiring is going to need to be tested. The violet/brown wire is the signal and should be at 5v with the key on and sensor unplugged. The sensor ground wire is dark blue/dark green, the 5v reference is yellow/pink. I don't expect the problem to be with the reference circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I replaced the map sensor, egr valve and pcv valve. It seems to idle better but I have a p0302 code still. I changed the spark plug and not any better. Any other suggestions.

Which bank did you replace the plug on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was cylinder 2. Front of the motor. Closest to the front of the car. I drove it for about 50 miles and it seems to running better. Would the cylinder have had to clean itself out?

That's possible, there may have been carbon buildup that has since passed. You had a few different issues going on so it may have taken a little time for the combustion chamber to clean up and the adaptives to learn correctly again. Arcing plug wires and failed spark plugs are the most common causes of misfires on these. Take a close look at the wires and look for any burn or arc spots, you can also try spraying them down while it's running to see if you're able to see any arcing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that tomorrow and let you know. Thank you for the help.

You're welcome!