Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Crossfire won't start. Lock tow light is blinking. Battery

Customer Question

Crossfire won't start. Lock tow light is blinking. Battery fine. Seems frozen. Locks won't work
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the PSE module in the trunk controls the locks and the tow light and the anti theft. It sounds like the PSE module may have failed. Water will sometimes find it's way into the module and short it out. I'd suggest having the PSE module inspected. The fuses should also be checked. You should also try a jump start just in case the battery is weak. The module is located in the right rear of the trunk beneath the floor covering. I've attached a picture below.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please don't forget to click on a rating for my help :-)

Marty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong. After hours stuck in a hospital parking ramp at night, my husband found the answer on google. Clicking the battery cables together reset the electrical. Please refund my wasted 53 bucks.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your pleasant reply. The reason he had to perform the hard reset on the battery is probably because the PSE module is failing. He will more than likely have trouble with this again.

I sent in a refund request for you. Please note that once you have received your refund you will no longer have wasted 53 bucks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate your timely response, unlike when I was stranded..... Excellent customer service.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

I would have replied sooner but I am in Florida. It was 3:46 AM my time when you posted your question. I'm an early riser but not that early :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the whole "we have 2 mechanics ready to answer you within 9 minutes" is just a scam. Gotcha.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Not a scam, but those 2 mechanics probably knew nothing about your particular problem. I hope all continues to go well with the car.

Marty