camerontech
camerontech, Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

Just had my heat fixed in my 1990 chrysler now the ac doesnt

Customer Question

Just had my heat fixed in my 1990 chrysler now the ac doesnt work whats the problem
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi there,

im cam and i will do my best to help you out.

what was the repair that they did to your vehicle?

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ac ran contiuosly and I had no heat it did not respond to any of the buttons it cost 1000.00 to fix they fixed it but now I get only heat when I push the ac button

IT sounds like they have bypassed something or not fixed it properly, obviously.

without me knowing exactly what they repaired and what they had to fix. it can be extremly difficult to answer as someone has already been in there doing a repair.

to push the ac to get heat makes absolutley no sense and i dont think anyone but the person who did the initial repair can help with this.

my advise is to take it back to the shop that did the 1000 repair and ask them to fix it properly.

I apollogise if this is not the answer that you are looking for but some questions and problems cannot be solved over the computer

IF another auto tech expert can help you, that would be great but without phycically lookig at what that mechanic has done it will be extremely difficult

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The receipt is in the car we are going to pick it up they want to charge us to fix the ac now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be able to let you know what they did whrn I get the receipt

ok, this will help me understand a little better what they did.

the car should not have a different problem than when you dropped it off, especially when it is the same area as the heater.

definatley ask them why it doesnt work

cam