Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Ok well here it goes. MY dad just bought a used 2006 pt

Customer Question

ok well here it goes. MY dad just bought a used 2006 pt cruiser for my daughters and it has been in the shop more than they have driven it! What happens is the engine light comes on and then it won't shift once we go over 40 mph. The rpms hit 4500 without shifting. This happens very intermittently so the mechanic can never get the failure code.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The most common cause of this is a failed transmission speed sensor(s). The second most common cause is a failing transmission solenoid pack. I recommend trying new speed sensors first (least expensive). If it continues to act up, then have the solenoid pack replaced. That should take care of this.

I hope this information helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris