Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have problems with a 1999 Chrysler ,it smokes out the

Customer Question

I have problems with a 1999 Chrysler ,it smokes out the tailpipe.The car smoke after warm up.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

What color smoke?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Do you still want help?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I am going outside to work on my own car. I see you viewed my question about what color smoke at 10:58am but at this time you still didn't answer. I am going to assume your answer was light blue smoke since you were changing the oil and adding STP. If it begins to smoke after the engine has run for a little while, then the oil has begun to pool on top of the cylinder head and is getting sucked in past valve stem guide seals. That usually means one of two things, that either the valve guide seals are worn or that the oil return holes in the head are clogged up preventing the oil from returning to the oil pan. If the valve cover gasket is leaking oil, that is a good indication that is it the return holes clogged up and oil pooling.