rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2002 pt cruiser. fuel gauge not working replace fuel pump

Customer Question

2002 pt cruiser. fuel gauge not working replace fuel pump with sending unit, did computer check of gauges they work. what do i do?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

The problem can be in the instrument cluster not recognizing the signal from the body computer.

Thanks, Ron