Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My 2013 Chrysler Town & Country minivan makes a weird noise

Customer Question

My 2013 Chrysler Town & Country minivan makes a weird noise when the steering wheel is turned in either direction. Tonight, I had my wife turn the steering wheel while stationary (not moving) and it made the same noise which to mean means it isn't a wheel bearing or anything like that. It also sounds like it's coming from in front of the dash / under the hood and not in the vicinity of the front wheels.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Can you do me a favor and have your wife turn the steering wheel all the way when it makes the noise and tell me if the belt tensioner is bouncing...

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brad... I can do that... I assume I have to open the hood while she turns it... what am I looking for? I don't know what the belt tensioner is?
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply...

You will need to remove the belt plastic shield so you can see it but see the attached , it's #8. See if it's bouncing back and forth when she turns the wheel... If it does I would suggest replacing the belt and tensioner to correct your noise issues..

Glad I could help, and thank you for the positive rating.

Brad