Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I've got a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager with 3.3 liter. It

Customer Question

I've got a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager with 3.3 liter. It has 250,000 miles. My son left the houe with it the other day and drove a few miles and it quit. It would not restart. I towed it home. A few days later I got in it and it started right up. I let it sit and idle. After maybe 30 minutes or so. It quit again and would not restrt. A few days later it started right up.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

What you describe sounds like a dying fuel pump. When the condition ocurrs, when it won't restart, can you have someone listen for the fuel pump to buzz while the key is turned to the run position? The fuel pump should run for about 3 seconds each time the key is turned to run. If you can't hear the buzz then the pump is probably overheating because the brushes in the pump motor are too worn.

Can you try to listen for the buzz and let me know what you find?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it will probably be after work tonight before I can check it.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Let me know how it goes.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional information. Also, I would appreciate a positive rating if I have been of any assistance. Thanks!