Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Why are cooling fans not working unless I power the

Customer Question

why are cooling fans not working unless I power the connector at the cooling fan relay. 2003 town & country 3.8 V6
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on a 2003 town & country, V-6 3.8 engine, cooling fans won't run unless I power the connector at the cooling fan relay. Replaced the relay and nothing. fans won't come on with A/C turned on ether. Interchanged fuse and nothing, jumped the connector at the cooling temp sensor and nothing. I have power and ground at the cooling fan relay connector.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checked fuse and it's good, cheated power at fuse box and good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not cheated, "checked"
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Welcome to our site.

Is not uncommon to see fan motors draw excessive current and burn the transistor in the Fan Control circuit (PCM Gray connector C2 pin 73). Have you checked if the PCM is powering the relay terminal 4?

By the way, do you by any chance have access to a scan tool capable of performing actuator tests? - f not, don't worry, we can use a Ohm/Volt meter to perform the checks.