Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Car starts give gas it bogs and stalls cooling housing broke

Customer Question

Car starts give gas it bogs and stalls cooling housing broke changed MAP sensor, idle control sensor, intake sensor, egr valve, engine compasator. Changed idle control valve but think it might be defective. I would appreciate any ideas you have to help Robert.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Has it been scanned for codes? My recommendation at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The codes that come up are PO 122 throttle/pedal position sensor a circuit low input , PO 134 oxygen sensor circuit no activity detected bank 1 sensor 1, PO106 map , P1496 5 voltage supply out too low, PO405 EGR sensor that is what shows on the scanner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know if this still work disconnected the battery of about 10 minutes
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me gather some info on the codes and I'll get back with you asap..

Thanks for your patience while I research this for you..

Keep in mind, unless you actually clear codes and reset adaptive memory with a scanner, a repaired vehicle may still exhibit the same or similar conditions, disconnecting the battery will not clear codes and may leave the PCM in a "Limp Mode" state and can affect proper operation of the vehicle.... Do you have access to a code reader or scanner?

Keep me posted...

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a scanner
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delayed response...

At this time, the common link for all the codes posted is the code P1496. This is the code that I recommend to diagnose first. I'm posting the diagnostic procedure for this code --->> CLICK HERE <<

This test has you running through a process of elimination. It has you eliminate all 5 volt sensors as a cause and if there are no changes in the 5 volt supply voltage it condems the PCM which at that time would need to be replaced to solve the problem...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page (Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it.

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert