Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/ Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

My 2011 town and country turns over but won't start. This

Customer Question

My 2011 town and country turns over but won't start. This problem is intermittent and I get a rock vehicle message . This will work sometimes and using the remote start will work sometime. Being on an incline may also a grimace this problem.at present it won't start at all. Help!! TOM
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom, this is Ed. Welcome to JustAnswer!.

You might not be getting power from your fuel pump relay. Pop the cover on your underhood fuse and relay center (called the TIPM) and locate Fuse M25 using the under-cover road map. Check this fuse for acquiring power when you crank the engine, which will be the only time it's going to be energized. This circuit represents the output feed from the fuel pump relay on its way to the pump. If it doesn't light up when cranking the engine, jumping power to that fuse should get the pump running and allow engine start. Then we'll need to discuss the actual repair, which won't be as simple as just plugging in a new relay.

The Totally Integrated Power Module keeps its fuel pump relay below-deck, soldered to a printed circuit board, so it's serviced with the entire TIPM unit. Replacement requires programming (configuration) of the new TIPM, plus some re-wiring since The Factory changed some electrical driver outputs to different locations (I believe it's something like horn and fog lamp applications). TIPMs typically cost in the neighborhood of $850, plus labor, so at around a grand installed, they don't come cheap. I can offer an alternative if it comes to that.

Ed

Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Any updates, Tom?