Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

What can be done to fix a convertible top on a Chrysler 200

Customer Question

What can be done to fix a convertible top on a Chrysler 200 that malfunctioned and is stuck in the up position? .
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you with your convertible top I need to know what year your 200 Chrysler is . Post back with complete information and I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2012 200s convertible
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to scan the system and see what fault codes that should be setting for the convertible top ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried my code reader and it showed no faults. (home mechanic) obd2 reader
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trunk and cover panel raises, but top does not move.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the convertible top system can not be read with a code reader, its going to require a full scan tool. If you can get me the fault codes I will try and help you get this resolved, it impossible to do so with out starting with the scan.