Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Have 06 pt cruiser getting code p0016 & p0335 even after

Customer Question

Hello have 06 pt cruiser getting code p0016 & p0335 even after replacing cam and crank sensors also replaced transmission solenoid but the idle is low so if your not accelerating feels like it will die. Checked the timing belt which looks good almost like new bought car from an auction so it's been a quest trying to figure out my next step any help is greatly appreciated.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

from the way you explain,,it sounds as if you may have a wiring problem to the cam or crank sensor,you will need to do some testing, will upload some tests/checks you can do,,also,you need to make sure the timing belt has not slipped a notch,a notch out of time may also do this.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwndimzjuhcwvyf/1001-ptcruiser-P0016%20CRANKSHAFT.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/nwndimzjuhcwvyf/1001-ptcruiser-P0016%20CRANKSHAFT.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim for the quick response guess those are my next steps.

yes,,make sure the timing belt aligns with the marks

you are very welcome