AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a 2003 PT Cruiser. The key will turn the radio comes

Customer Question

I have a 2003 PT Cruiser. The key will turn the radio comes on but it will not go any further to start the car can you tell me what's wrong?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Most likely it's a problem with the ignition lock cylinder. Have you tried jiggling the key to get it to advance to the start/crank position? If you have tried that then can you remove the lock cylinder and see if you can turn the ignition switch to the start position using a large flat screw driver? It can be removed by turning the key to the run position (not start position) and through the hole in the lower shroud you can depress the lock cylinder retaining tab with a small thin screw driver.

If I have answered your question, please don't forget to click accept and rate my service. Your money was put into a deposit account and I don't get paid until you do. It is always free to follow up with me regarding this issue even after rating my service. If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already replaced the ignition and that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

what part of the ignition did you replace? the lock cylinder or the switch?