Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics
18617752

I'm replacing the alternator to my 2012 Chrysler 200. My

Customer Question

I'm replacing the alternator to my 2012 Chrysler 200. My question is once unbolted do I need to remove the electric fan units in order to have room to slide the alternator out or is there a procedure on how to remove the unit.
Thanks,
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

To remove the Alternator on this vehicle, the fans do not need to be removed. The A/C Compressor needs to be unmounted and repositioned to the side. No need to empty the A/C system, just unbolt it and move it to the side for clearance of the alternator down and out of the engine compartment. I've wrapped up the procedure into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file ((HERE)). If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..