Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Accidentally tried to close trunk with key fob inside 2012

Customer Question

accidentally tried to close trunk with key fob inside 2012 300s and now when I open the trunk with the push button on trunk the lack stays in locked postion and trunk will not close unless I push the key fob button.....
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You most likely damaged the latch mechanism. You will need to have the latch replaced. Not terribly expensive, but have a reputable shop or the dealer do this. If you want to replace it yourself, then let me know and I will send you the procedure.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told it is prob out of sequence and just needs to be reset I was hoping you knew how to reset it to be in sync
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm, never heard of a reset sequence for a trunk latch on a Chrysler 300. When the trunk is opened, the latch should stay released until it is closed again. I am a tech at a Chrysler dealer and have never hesrd of this reset sequence. Based on what you have told me, the latch will need to be replaced.

I can call you if you wish.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank for your time. My car is under warranty and will call dealer for service😃
I was just hoping to avoid the hassle of the repair Thanks again for the advice😃
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome!

Chris