Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. The case on my key fob was

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. The case on my key fob was broken so I ordered a new case and transplanted the circuit board & key into the new case. I also ordered an Elm 327 OBD II code reader online. I plugged the code reader up to bluetooth it to my phone at the same time as I used the key with the new case for the first time. When turning the key the new case split open at the seam and I'm not sure if this caused the battery to lose connection. Now when I try to stay the car it will start then immediately die. I can do this three times then it won't turn over at all. If I unplug and reconnect the battery then it will start and immediately die again for the times and then not turn over any more after that. I'm not sure if the new key case or the code reader caused the problem. Is it in some sort of security mode or what the problem is. Can you help?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

It sounds like you need a new key.. When you first broke it, it will likely damaged then and for Crossfire keys they need to be ordered from Chrysler because they are laser cut.. If you like I can give you an exact part number and price if you will reply back with the last 8 of your VIN...

Also do you have another key or just this one?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I need a new key. The key itself seems to be working fine. I forgot to mention that I glued the case together so it wouldn't split open anymore. I can lock & unlock the doors and the key turns in the ignition and everything comes on & like I said the engine starts three times.
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If it starts and stalls then it's a security issue and most likely a bad key.. At this point if you don't suspect a bad key I would need to know the codes in the PCM and SKIM module to determine the cause of your issues..

Keep me posted,

Brad