AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

My chrysler pacifica is blowing cold air with temperature

Customer Question

My chrysler pacifica is blowing cold air with temperature set at 85 what should I check
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Check your coolant level. If that's good then check the heater core hoses at the firewall and see if they are both hot when at operating temperature. There are 2 hoses a few inches apart from each other. They are about an inch in diameter and should both be hot. If they are not hot and your cooling system is full then you likely have a plugged heater core. If they are hot then your probably looking at a bad blend door actuator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One hose is hot and one is cold

Ok. Both hoses should be hot. Your heater core is plugged up and not allowing the coolant to flow through it and that's why your not getting hot air inside the car. You will have to back flush it to get the coolant to flow through it again. To do that, you will have to disconnect the hoses going to it, and run water through it. hook up your water supply to the side that is NOT hot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try that are you charging me twice

No. You get charged only once, and I don't get paid until you accept my answer and rate me. Hopefully 5 stars :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try this over the weekend and then I will rate you but I think you are right also do you know how much they are charging me

I am not sure. I believe that you have already paid and your money was put into a deposit account. I think you have to make a deposit just to ask a question, but I am not certain. Once you accept my answer, they will give me a portion of your deposit and they keep the difference. Again, I am not sure how much you have deposited but I don't think they are going to charge your card again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I will rate you when iam done

you're welcome.