Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

The computer tells us we have a faulty cam phaser on our

Customer Question

the computer tells us we have a faulty cam phaser on our 3.6l Chrysler. So far we have driven a few thousand miles like this. Can serious problems occur if we don't replace it soon?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll help with the cam phaser question.

Does the engine run rough right now?

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

I don't foresee serious problems, but the phaser is responsible for adjusting valve timing. If it doesn't move like it should the engine will not perform correctly and your performance and mileage can suffer greatly.

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

If you feel that the question was answered completely then please accept the answer and leave positive feedback. This way the question can be updated and I can be paid thru the website for the time spent helping you. This is the way that the experts on this site get compensated. You can still reply back at anytime on this question even after leaving the positive feedback and accepting the answer. Thanks for letting me help you.