Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

2006 town and country. Miss fire #5. Changed plugs to

Customer Question

2006 town and country. Miss fire #5. Changed plugs to iridium about 3 months ago. Now low mileage and miss fire. Could it be I need hotter plugs? Or something else.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll help with your van.
I would recommend using only OEM plugs in your van. There are an abundant amount of aftermarket plugs out there and I think that they create more problems than solutions. Iridium, and platinum are fine products for service life, but I still like to stay with the same plug that the engine was designed with which is usually just a Champion copper plus in the 3.8L V6.

I would not put a different heat range plug in the engine because it is the original engine design and operated in the same manner. The only reason a hotter or colder plug would be used in todays engines is if something drastic was changed from the stock configuration. Your mileage and misfire is most likely the spark plug wires if they have not been changed. They can break down over time and give misfires under load and after the engine is completely warmed up.

I would suggest changing the spark plug wires out first. If it still remains than you may have a fuel injection issue.

Is there a check engine light on at this point?

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Checking in on the van. Do you have any more questions?

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

If you feel that the question was answered completely then please accept the answer and leave positive feedback. This way the question can be updated and I can be paid thru the website for the time spent helping you. This is the way that the experts on this site get compensated. You can still reply back at anytime on this question even after leaving the positive feedback and accepting the answer. Thanks for letting me help you.