Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have 14+ volts at the alternator and 13:40 at the battery

Customer Question

I have 14+ volts at the alternator and 13:40 at the battery is that ok or is the positive cable bad
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and tank you for you question,

The voltage will vary some at the battery depending on how may accessories are on affecting load. If the voltage remains low at the battery with everything turned off then the first thing you need to do is to load test the battery to make sure its okay and take a full charge and if the battery checks okay then you you likely have a problem with the cable and or the connection to it. In most cases with all loads off the voltage at the battery should be pretty close to the voltage at the alternator with the engine running.