Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

2005 Pacifica, initially, had a broken rocker, bought a

Customer Question

2005 Pacifica, initially, had a broken rocker , bought a replacement rocker assembly. Started the engine with no noise, within a minute a hard knocking sound developed. Took everything apart again, including the right side of the engine. Both the LF and RT side rocker assembly seemed fine, put everything back together started the engine with the same hard knocking sound...
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I'd suggest the next step is to measure the oil pressure as its possible that the crank bearings have been damaged due to rocker debris being pumped around the engine

if its low then remove the sump to inspect the bearing shells

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cranked the engine with both valve covers off, and each rocker squirted oil with pretty good pressure. I used a stethoscope and noticed the noise louder within the intake manifold housing than on the valve covers...
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

OK in that case I'd carefully check the valve gear / spring associated with the broken rocker, as the valve may be bent

or a retainer damaged, as you have to ask why did the rocker break in the 1st place?

a good test would be to do a compression test of all cylinders to check that they are all within 10-15 psi of each other

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is splitbetween the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please ratemy answer.