sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2012 town and country. Yesterday my ESC warning

Customer Question

I have a 2012 town and country. Yesterday my ESC warning light came on when I started my van and my gear shift locked up. Do I need to replace a sensor??
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first thing that would need to be done for an accurate diagnosis would be to read fault codes from the ABS module and electrical testing would most likely need to be done from there, but if the shifter has stuck in park and the ESC light came on at the same time then odds are you have a brake switch issue. The problem may be the switch itself or a wiring issue, the switch itself is more common than wiring but wiring is possible. I've seen a handful of vans where a terminal was bent or pushed out at the large bulkhead connector above the frame rail under the battery area. The brake switch wiring runs through this connector and I've seen a pushed out terminal in that connector cause an intermittent brake switch circuit issue.