Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

When i feather the pedal going up ll, with load on the

Customer Question

when i feather the pedal going up hill, with load on the engine, i get a knock. the higher the rpm the faster the knock. the engine seems to loap slightly also. i took it to the dealer but they said it was normal. it is a 2015 3500ram w/6.7. the truck had 700 miles on it.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oops i mean it has 700 miles on it. just bought it. i didn't notice it right away. when i did it was too late. papers signed. i had a 5.9 and it was quieter than this new 6.7
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is this something that you can make a video recording of and post it to youtube so that I can view and hear the noise for myself?

If you can do this, please post links here to your youtube video and I'll view it and give you my thoughts.

Otherwise, I would probably agree with the dealer. Diesel engines will always make noises especially when accelerating under certain conditions (This would be called "Fuel Knock"). When a greater power output is needed, more fuel is delivered and you will begin hearing slight knocking sounds while under load due to the additional heat being generated to create the power.. Remember, you can't compare the 6.7 to the 5.9, even though they are basically the same, there are several differences that will make it like comparing apples to oranges...

Let me know if you are able to record a video and we can go from there...

Thank you,

Robert