Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The problem I am having is

Customer Question

i have a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica. The problem I am having is when my car reaches temperature the engine shuts itself off. Please Help. We have replaced both fuel pumps, the map sensor, idle control valve, the egr valve was replaced about a month ago, we
have had the alternator checked (it was replaced 6 weeks ago, we also had the battery checked, also the replaced the air filter and the serpentine belt (power steering pump as be as well, it was the victim of a crow bar) In the last 6 weeks we also have replaced
the thermostat, the thermostat housing, the hose to the radiator and the fan. So as you can see, we are at a loss as to what to do. when it is put on the computer at the parts store it says idle control valve.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we also cleaned out the throttle body
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While driving if you keep your foot on the gas it will stay running, once you ease up on the gas the car shuts off. It does not hick up or act like its going to die, it just shuts off.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does it start right back up after it dies?

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will start back up the first couple of times it dies after the third time you have to wait to get it to restart. yes the engine light stays on. I do not have the little paper they gave me but he sai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
said it was the code for the idle control valve that we already replaced

ok,,so,after it dies you need to let it set for a litle while before it will start and run?

sorry for the delay,i ost internet for a little while

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After it dies like the third or forth time you have to wait.

ok,,and it always runs well cold..right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can drive about 2 blocks before it dies. if you keep one foot one the break and the other on the gas you can keep it running. once you take your foot of the gas (or even ease up) the car dies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will hold an idle all day long, dies once you have been driving

ok,,from the way you explain,it sounds as if you may have a bad crank sensor.these will break down with heat sometimes when they go bad,,and,most times not give a code for it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is a crank sensor?

when the crank sensor does this,testing it may not help sense it may be orking during the testing,,so,replace it

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xulopzoiaz5bih/0920-pasifica-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/1xulopzoiaz5bih/0920-pasifica-REMOVAL.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Took it to carx this morning, they wouldn't even look at it, said it was electrical. Took it to the electrical shop they recommend. It is a bad ground from the transmission to the engine block

take it to a mechanic and tell them to replace the crank sensor

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how is a bad ground related to the crank sensor?

i dont think it is a bad ground.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It really was a bad ground. Now the car stays running.

ok,,great.glad you got it

thanks