sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler aspen 2007 5.7 hemi although the temperature never

Customer Question

chrysler aspen 2007 5.7 hemi
although the temperature never exceeded half, change the coolant thinking it was a temperature problem, remove the thermostat to work on 1/4 of temperature but the same goes sometimes you progress and off or are stopped with the engine running and also turns off, you come back to contact and only turn on the lights of the board but not cranking spend about 15 minutes back from.
take it to the official service and scanner did not indicate anything, they told me that was the case oil that had to change because the case temperature is rising and that it locks into and off for security, but according to them the resetearon the engine failure signal on the board never came on.
I walked for two days now and again well off.
check the fuses and no burned.
I appreciate any help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm not 100% clear on the symptoms but it looks like the engine dies and then will not crank until it has a cooldown period. If the engine is dying and then will not crank that points to the powertrain control module not being awake. The PCM is the module that controls all engine functions. If it is failing internally or losing a power or ground then it will cause the engine to die and not restart until it is awake again.

If this is what you are experiencing then it will need to be confirmed that the PCM will not communicate when the problem happens. If not then it's powers and grounds will need to be load tested before condemning the PCM.