Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have four codes and 't know if I have to buy a

Customer Question

I have four codes and don't know if I have to buy a transmission or not. I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica and it came up with these codes; P0700, P0732, P0734 and P1790. I am seeing a lot of fixes and don't know where to start first. I need help!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

From the looks of those codes you will probably need either a new transmission or to have the transmission rebuilt. Let me break down those codes for you:

P0700- This is a general transmission fault code indicating a problem with the transmission.

p0732- Additional gear ratio in 2nd gear- this means the transmission was slipping in second, possibly due to bad 2/4 clutches or internal fluid bypass leaks

p0734- Additional gear ratio in 4th gear- this means the transmission slipped in 4th gear, this is the same as above since the 2/4 clutches are shared

p1790- This code indicates an after shift mechanical fault- chrysler uses this code to distinguish between an electrical fault and a mechanical fault

These codes indicate to me that the 2/4 clutch has gone out, which could just be a bad clutch pack, or could indicate fluid bypassing inside the transmission which caused the clutch pack to burn out. Either way, a complete rebuild would be best since clutches tend to send debris and shrapnel throughout the transmission parts when they fail.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed any additional information. I hope that I have been of some assistance and would appreciate a positive rating if it have. Thanks!