Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My car alarm is freaking out and keeps going off...but

Customer Question

My car alarm is freaking out and keeps going off...but sometimes the lights are flashing but the alarm is NOT going off. I think I've isolated it to only happening when the car is locked (as that's when the alarm would be engaged). However, after calling literally 12 Chrysler/Dodge dealerships AND a Mercedes dealership here in Houston, NO ONE will work on the car. Please help/advise. How do I disengage the alarm system???
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately the alarm system can not be by-passed and in order to determine why its stay active the first thing you are going to need to do it to have the system scanned and see what fault code and or codes that should be setting if it is actually active. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.