Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a PT Cruiser Convertible - 2007. past couple weeks my

Customer Question

I have a PT Cruiser Convertible - 2007. For the past couple weeks my oil light would come on during one drive, but then the next time I turned it on it would be off and stay off for the entirety of the drive until I turned it off/back on again and then it was a gamble- sometimes it would come on, sometimes it wouldn't. I could go in the store for 5 minutes with it haven been on and then when I come out and restart it, it's not longer on. It hasn't been on in a couple of days at all but now my check engine light has come on. What does this sound like? Also I put more oil in and the level is fine.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** not overfill the oil. It sounds like your oil pressure switch has probably failed which is about $200 to have done at a shop. Let me know if you would like replacement instructions to replace yourself or if you have more questions. Thanks.