Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 34 Ply PE which is experiencing a serious brake

Customer Question

I have a 34 Ply PE which is experiencing a serious brake problem. I have had a new master cylinder installed and bled the brakes several times, checked for fluid leaks (none found), adjusted the brakes shoes, and still the pedal goes to the floor with very little braking power. The brake linings are about 50-60% worn. THE BRAKES WILL NOT PUMP UP!
Four mechanics have looked at it and are stumped. Could you offer some suggestions to cure this?
Thanks, LE
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
First, to eliminate it simply being a defective master cylinder, you need to remove the lines and plug the ports on the master cylinder with threaded inserts. Pedal should be high and tight. If not, it is defective.
If ok, re install the lines, remove the lines to the wheel cylinders and plug. reinstall one line at a time and test pedal. At whichever one you reinstall and pedal goes to the floor, that is the problem wheel - either wheel cylinder or hardware for the shoes.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm gonna try to get my car to a repairman sometime this week and see if he will give your answer a try. I'll respond further with you after that.Thanks,
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assistyou. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks