sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have 2006 crossfire just took it in to carmax and they

Customer Question

Hi I have 2006 crossfire just took it in to carmax and they were not able to pull up the codes for what is wrong with the airbag light on. thet said to take to dealer. Did stop at one place, the crossfire mechanic was not there buy I would have to leave car a couple days. Could be bags or module or computer. I moved on.Should I take to Mercedes dealer
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Not to say the Crossfire tech at the Chrysler dealer isn't competent, but you'd probably get better/quicker service at a Mercedes dealer. As you probably know the Crossfire is a rebadged Mercedes. I'd expect anyone at a Mercedes dealer to be able to help and they'd readily have the service information and equipment. Not nearly all Chrysler dealers will have the equipment or still have someone that was trained when Crossfires were being sold. If your normal dealer does have a Crossfire trained tech and they do have all the equipment then there isn't a reason they shouldn't be able to diagnose and repair it, but it may take longer to get your vehicle in and then repaired if there is a single person there that can do the work.