Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Was driving the other day and all of a sudden i get a check

Customer Question

was driving the other day and all of a sudden i get a check TPM system and PSI screen comes up had tire pressure checked all good what is the problem?? is their a recall on this thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The TMP light will come in if any of the tires has a variance of 5% or more in pressure from the tire pressure setting listed on the driver side door jam. Sometimes even the spare tire is equipped with a sensor, but it depends of the model of car.

If the TPMS light comes on and blinks, then there is a problem with one of the sensors. TPMS sensors can be recalibrated or replaced in each tire by most tire shops or at three times the cost at most dealers.

What is your light doing? Coming on or blinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coming no blinking forgot to say i have a 2006 chrysler 300c hemi
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

If it's not blinking then the system should be working correctly. It sounds like you just need to make sure the tire pressure is set to the same pressure on the door placard. Even 3 psi off is enough to set the light on a Chrysler. I checked for recalls or TSBs on this car and it doesn't look like there are any identified problems that would be fixed in a recall relating to the tire monitors.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Here is the procedure to diagnose a bad sensor, but it requires a scan tool. I would probably take it to a tire shop and have them check them.

1. Starting with the left front wheel, deflate the tire to 20 PSI, wait two minutes, and check the scan tool for changes to any compensated tire pressure values.

2. Look for a tire location with a non-responsive Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Sensor ID.

3. Repeat this test on each wheel on the vehicle until the TPM Sensor in question has been identified.

4. Once the tire pressure sensor is identified, replace the sensor as needed.

5. After sensor replacement, drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 24 km/h (15 mph). During this time the system will learn the new sensor IDs.
With the scan tool, read DTCs in the Wireless Control Module (WCM). If no codes have reset, the repair is complete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will have tires and sensors,checked again
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks!

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed any additional information. I hope that I have been of some assistance and would appreciate a positive rating if it have. Thanks!