roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

My abs light came on. changed my brake pads (needed them

Customer Question

my abs light came on. changed my brake pads (needed them bad). all went well but the abs light is still on. dash also says tracking is off and button on column does nothing (same timing may be related?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the abs light is not an indicator of needing brake pads. it is telling you that the electronic controls of the abs system has a fault. there is a code stored that we need to narrow down the area of failure. in most cases, it is a failed wheel speed sensor but since there are 4 we need to find out which, if it is a sensor. you can have a parts store pull the code for free/. oce we know the code, we can continue. when the abs light is on, the trac light system is dis abled. hen the abs is repaired, the trac system will come back on line.

Roy