Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I had the water pump replaced in 1993 Chrysler LeBaron, when

Customer Question

I had the water pump replaced in 1993 Chrysler LeBaron, when I put water in the radiator looks like it just runs out from That area, what could I be looking for to fix the leak?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Possibly the bottom hose clamp isn't tight enough. Why replaced the water pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was bad, and since it was replaced when I put water in the radiator it leaks right out it appears ti be coming from the water pump housing don't want further problems and the person who fixed it won't come back to check it out. I'm stressed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why that question says, " Why replaced the water pump?" when it was supposed to ask "Who replaced the water pump?" I assume this spell checker has taken t upon itself to change my wording. Anyhow, ignore the why. Is the water coming out the weep hole in the water pump housing? If so the water pump is bad. Are you sure you trust this person who replaced it and that he/she used a new or rebuilt water pump and not something from a salvage yard or something they might have had laying around? can you at least ask him for the receipt or where he bought it and when then call the store up and confirm that he did in fact but a water pump. It has to come with some kind of warranty.