Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I have a 2007 Sebring 4 cyl. Out of nowhere the car starts

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Sebring 4 cyl. Out of nowhere the car starts overheating. Found that the part on passenger side (3 hose connection with bleeder on top) had cracked replaced part, no luck still overheats after 25 minutes, Sent car to shop, they replaced the same part with Chrysler original part, changed out 11 psi radiator cap with a 14 psi cap, checked all hoses ran cool for 30 minutes then overheated again. checked oil for any sign of oil. Haven't a clue what to do next. I don't have money for a replacement car. Any help greatly appreciated.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

.

They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. You can have that tested at a radiator shop or feel around the core when the engine is hot to see if there are any cool spots that would indicate a clog.

.

However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.)

.

The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases.

.

Block tester available is:

Napa BK.(###) ###-####/p>

OEM/Block Tester AUTOZONE

Part Number:
27145

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search

.

*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures***

..

.

If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust.

If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head.

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the response was inadequate, it seems as he did not read my request and to be offered an additional cost . Disappointing.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

No, I read your question and would almost bet it's the head gasket, thanks

.

Whatever money you paid, or if you have a subscription, the money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read it, all you said was spend another $10 and suggest what I said I did. Looking for something I overlooked, which you didn't.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

So the block test was done?