sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2001 Chrysler 300m no heat the air conditioning works great

Customer Question

2001 Chrysler 300m
no heat
the air conditioning works great after recharging but now no heat
fuses check ou good
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could cause a lack of heat. The engine may not be reaching operating temperature, the coolant level may be low enough that there is air in the heater core, the heater ore could be restricted. The problem may be with the blend door, which is the door that moves to control temperature. The issue could be the door itself, the actuator, control head or wiring.

Does the engine reach full operating temperature?

Are you able to control temperature at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heater worked fine, the air needed to be puffed up to be cooler. Air is great, got cold one night, no heat. I'm thinking the blend door. I don't know where it is and how to get to it. Fluid levels are good and fuses are good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no problem controlling the temperature, up, down, defroster, on the floor vent, just no heat coming out at all. All fluid levels are good. Blows cold air no hot air.

With the engine at operating temperature feel both heater hoses at the firewall. Are they too hot to comfortably hold and do you feel a temperature difference between the two?