dr914jr
dr914jr, Technician
Experience:  I am a second generation Porsche technician and restoration specialist.
22612961

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Conv. 2.7 engine, it was

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring Conv. 2.7 engine, it was running great and one day it just went to the max on heat. I replaced the Radiator and the Thermostat , no help it would run along fine in the heat of LAS VEGAS 104 or more and then it would creap up to normal then once it was at normal it would start to go above normal and then instant hot.I had a Mech. look at it and he said it needed to be flushed as it had a air pocket in the cooling system. Still no help , he said he checked and no blown head gasket.
It seems to run below normal for at least 45 min at 45 MPH in town with air on and then it goes byserk.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  dr914jr replied 1 year ago.

If you open the hood when the car is running hot, do you hear or see the fans running? Might be a fan or the thermo switch that activates them. If the cooling system has been bleed properly, the fans and thermo switch are the only remaining probabilities.

Expert:  dr914jr replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I didn't see that you posted about the fans working fine. In that case. The blades might be missing off of the water pump due to cavitation o the wrong thermostat may be installed. I think it is very likely, from the information given, that you still have air in the system. You might want to have another mechanic pressure bleed the cooling system jut to ensure the system is air free.