Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I am having a similar problems my car will not get injector

Customer Question

Hello I am having a similar problems my car will not get injector pulse and the timing is on point when I disconect the can sensor it will act like it want to start and run for a while also im getting good injector pulse I was thinking its a electrical problem and Im thinking to replace the wiring harness what would u advice.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Any codes being set?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No none
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no codes
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

And you are 100% positive that the cam timing is correct?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the timing at TDC and it was in line .the car was running and one morning it just wouldn't start .I saw u said in another post that the can sprokit pin can brake.how can I check that if its a possibility
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have seen this before. The only way to check if the sprocket pin sheared off is to remove the timing belt and cam sprocket. If you do this, then you may as well rrplace the timing belt if it has not been replaced within the last 100,000 miles.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before I go through the hassle of removing the bet do u have any other idea for that kind of problem
Or solution for that kind of problem or u think the wiring Barnes could be an issue
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have an actual cam or crank sensor circuit code, then I highly doubt that the problem is wiring related, and I would check that sprocket pin and belt nex .

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I spent the weekend going over the car,the pin is in tact ,I am getting signal from the can sensor I used a multimeter also I used I also checked the injector wires which were also good and showed no sings or damage. Personally I think it is the pcm but I had 2 independent key programmer tel me that the pcm is ok . do u have any other idea
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

I think the cam and crank sensors are out of sync. I say that because it will try to start if you disconnect the cam sensor. I don't think it is the PCM at this point. You need to check that cam sprocket.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How would u recommend going about that .I pulled the sprokit bolt and saw the pin intact used a multimeter to determined that its spinning and I'm getting a signal put #1piston at TDC and the timing is correct any advice.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you get a scan tool connected and then pull up the display that shows the cam and crank dync status? That would confirm whether or not the 2 are in sync.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have that tool do u know if autozone would be able to rent that toolor have another method I could try remember its a 2001
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

They may be able to rent one to you.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Chris I'm finding it difficult to get my hands on such a scanner at this moment do u have another method I could try with the tools I have
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hmmm, not sure. but let me think about it and see what I can come up with.

Chris