Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Chrysler Jeep Dodge technician
62301042

How do I get access to the sunroof drain tube access hole at

Customer Question

How do I get access to the sunroof drain tube access hole at the top of the roof. Does the dress panel pull the same way as on the windshield?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the A pillar trim just pulls away from the A pillar. I attached a picture of how it looks along with the sunroof drain tubes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's not what I'm looking for. I want the inside-the-car. I've done outside-the-car. Inside has a fastener and fastener cover holding the trim piece in place. I'll just go ahead and work on that aspect. Do you have any drawings of the inside trim piece?Phil Gilson
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

That first picture is the inside. That's the A pillar trim panel. Pop that circle dime sized trim cover out at the top with a pocket screw driver, remove the screw behind it and pull the A pillar trim away from the A pillar.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to remove the A pillar trim panels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, There was no fastener underneath the cap. I tried cleaning the drain hole but wasn't able to get the cleaning hose more than 4 inches into the drain hole. I taped the sunroof but still experienced a leak when I washed the car. I'll go to the auto parts store and get some wider tape to see if that will do the trick.Phil
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Try using compressed air to clear the drain tube. Open the sunroof and blow it through the holes in the tray that lead to the front drain tubes in the A pillars. If you use too much pressure, the tube can pop off of the drain tray but they can be pushed back on but removing the A pillar trim if that happens. I don't think tape is the answer.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

How are you making out with the water leak?