sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

WHY DOES MY 300 ESP BAS LIGHT COME ON FROM TIME TO TIME? It

Customer Question

WHY DOES MY 300 ESP BAS LIGHT COME ON FROM TIME TO TIME? It usually happens when I have been driving for several hours.
Also, when I try to park and take my key out of the car it will not come out. I have to pull back on the reverse/parking
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have a couple different issues going on. The key not coming out coudl be an issue in the shifter or incorrect shift cable adjustment, an issue in the lock cylinder housing, or it may be an incorrectly adjusted interlock cable. Shift cable adjustment should be checked but it's most likely an interlock issue with the cable or internal linkage in the shifter.

The ESP and BAS lights could be coming on for a number of reasons including the brake switch, brake pressure switch, the yaw sensor or steering angle sensor, hydraulic control unit, or wiring between any of the components. The first thing that will need to be done is use a scan tool to see what fault codes are stored in the ABS module.