sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2007 Pacifica. I believe I located the low pressure

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pacifica. I believe I located the low pressure service port on the firewall. However, the connector on the refrigerant, does not fit. Do I need a differant connector?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

The r134 refrigerant is all universal. Meaning, the low side port on every vehicle is the same. So the DIY'er refill can should fit on the port. Make sure you are on the correct port (on the A/C suction line near the A/C expansion valve, which to towards the passenger's side jsut behind the strut tower - CLICK HERE for an image). If you are on the correct port, then the make sure the refill can you have is r134 compatible. The can should only plug into one port- the low side port. Please remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The connector came with the can. It is R-134a . I push as hard as I can. It dos'nt seem to engage. The image is the same as is in the car.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're on the right service port and have the right can then it will go unless something is damaged or it isn't being used correctly. Before installing valve to the fitting you need to make sure the valve is threaded fully counterclockwise. It's a quick connect fitting and I'm wondering if you're pulling up on the ring. The outer ring on the valve has to be pulled up toward the threaded part of the valve to allow it to slide over the service port. Once it slides on then the ring can be released and the valve is locked on, the valve can then be turned clockwise to open it.