Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

2004 PT Cruiser GT. Owned the car than a month. One of the

Customer Question

2004 PT Cruiser GT. Owned the car for less than a month. One of the speeds on the radiator fan would intermittently work. 4 days after buying it, a thermostat failure code caused the CEL to come on. When I removed the housing, the thermostat was missing. I replaced the missing thermostat with a Motrad 180°. The radiator fan I purchased had a different connector than on the car. I cut and wired the old connector to the new fan. I ran the high speed to the purple wire, low speed to the green wire, and ground to ground. Everything was good. 4 days later, it threw a P0128 code. Here's the data the scantool is reading.
Engine not running, but at operating temp.
MAP 28.9
Coolant 187
IAT 154 with a down arrow
Engine under load while driving
MAP 19.5
Coolant 196
IAT 117 with a down arrow
Engine running No A/C
MAP 9.7
Coolant 189
IAT 149 with a down arrow
Engine running with A/C
MAP 12.1
Coolant 180
IAT 145 with down arrow.
Do you think it's the IAT sensor giving
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I am assuming from you post that the heating problem has been resolved and you are now getting a Code P0128. The code P0128 is in most cases set to a bad Thermostat , and in this case its likely due to installing a 180 degree which is to cold, this code can set if the thermostat does not stay closed long enough and opens to quickly. I would consider installing the OEM thermostat which should be 192.