Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My system malfunction light came on and car started losing

Customer Question

My system malfunction light came on and car started losing power and sputtered causing car stall, at that point the system malfunction light was flashing. Had oil changed and car checked, they put new radiator cap on, because it wasn't registering enough pressure, car was fine for a week and now it's doing the same thing. I have a2008 Chrysler Sebring
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes, in order to determine what is failing the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.