Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2007 dodge caliber has the ignition locked and the key

Customer Question

my 2007 dodge caliber has the ignition locked and the key will not turn
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I assume the key will remove and install but not turn? If thats the case then use a jack to raise both front tires off the ground if your having trouble getting the steering lock to release. If its still will not turn, then its the tumblers that are worn in the the ignition lock cylinder.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris