Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

Starter won't start on two or more turns of ignition it

Customer Question

starter won't start on two or more turns of ignition it seems to want to start but wont. After awhile it will start up. I've had the battery and alternator checked and there both good.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
If it is turning over but not starting when it takes a couple of times to start it, the fuel pressure and holding pressure should be tested as the fuel pump could be leaking down and not holding pressure causing hard starts.
If on the other hand, you turn the key to crank and get no noises at all, the starter, starter relay and ignition switch all need to be tested for intermittent faults
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks