Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I have a pt cruiser and the battery light keeps coming on.

Customer Question

I have a pt cruiser and the battery light keeps coming on. If i cut the car off and crank it back up it goes off. Then after driving a while the light comes back on and the cycle is repeated. Last week i took it to a auto store and had the battery, alternator, and the starter tested and it said every thing was good. I then took it back with the battery light on and it said to check the positive battery post which was good. The wire going to the alternator which was not loose. or the PCM needs to be replace. It has had previous owners and they installed a alarm on it. My dad said I need to have it remove because that is the problem I should start with. Have you ever encountered this problem before and what is it if you have.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you ar having is a common one and Chrysler has released a service bulletin on this vehicle that a flash (computer programming) update will take care of this issue. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below. See step 4 in the bulletin, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Reflash%20Sept%202.pdf