gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 1990 chrysler TC by maserati it has a hard brake

Customer Question

I have a 1990 chrysler TC by maserati it has a hard brake pedal and stops hard. booster?? what are the checks on this?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Check to make sure the vacuum hose to the booster is intact- the booster uses engine vacuum to assist the brakes. If the vacuum hose is OK and has good vacuum, then the booster is the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is not a vacuum hose on this system so your answer was not helpful at all.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

You're correct- you should have a pressure accumulator (black ball) on yours, that is pressurized by a pump. Check for anything loose. These were notoriously flaky and many people have replaced them with a different system (since back then the systems didn't have to communicate with one another)