Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster. Since it was struck

Customer Question

I have 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster. Since it was struck and repaired in the right rear quarter panel, I've been having TROUBLES with the top. I wire tied the trunk divider in place which worked for a while. The top will go up but it does not open completely. The top is stored but the deck will not close completely. When I put the top up and latched I am unable to open the trunk. I've considered taking it to a Chrysler dealer but I've read how they keep the car for an extended time with no resolution. I probably need to open the think to reposition the divider but I am unable to do so. With the top up, I have to slam it closed to close the D ring. Any suggestions?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any damage to the roof components that may be causing this issue here.I have seen in several cases before where faulty micro switch signals will cause this here as a failing micro switch can send incorrect top position signals causing this fault.In some cases this needs checked with a scan tool or computer connected to your vehicle to read the sensor positions to locate the one at fault,this is usually the easiest way to check this here and can be done by most shops or a dealer and usually takes less then an hour to check these signals.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it to bethe side tonneau flap cable. $137.00. On order
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

That is great to hear.If you need anything else here let me know and feel free to rate my help if you like.

Thanks Pete