Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/ Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

I have a 2005 chryaler town and country with electric door

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chryaler town and country with electric door lock problem----can it be cured?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!. This is Ed.

Everything can be cured, but this particular problem is likely to be easier than most. If you've lost all your locks (and an overcurrent code is stored in the Body Control Module), you just need a software update. Two software on separate releases address the loss of door lock operation, but one flash at your local Chrysler/ Dodge/ Jeep/ Ram dealer will take care of both.

In the meantime, you may try a prolonged battery disconnect to reset-reboot the BCM, which often works in the short term. If effective, the flash will make the repair permanent.

Ed